Australian Tour 2007
Karma Phuntsok Exhibition
Dalai Lama Message to Australia 2006
Australian Tibet Council
Tibet in Australia
Wollongong Festival of Tibet
Tertonpa Peter Parker, Karma Phuntsok 2005
The Australian Year of Tibet 2006 was celebrated in Wollongong, Australia, between 15-26 February with TibetFest 2006.
## Calendar of Events - 4 February 2006 ##
!!! ### TibetFest06 Information leaflet ### !!!
## PROMOTIONAL FLYER January 2006 - in colour ##
A variety of events took place during the two week period, including:
- Karma Phunstok exhibition - by the Tibetan Australian artist Karma Phuntsok (personal web site: karmaart.com) at the Project Contemporary Art Space, 255 Keira Street, Wollongong, from 15-26 February. A list of works included in the exhibition and offered for sale is available here: Karma exhibition works. The artist was in attendance at the exhibition. Official opening of the exhibition by Senator Bob Brown, Australian Greens - 7.30pm Thursday 16 February 2006.
- Song of the Mandala Tour - creation of a sand mandala by monks from Namgyal Monastery, India, at the Wollongong City Gallery, 21-26 February. Official opening and welcome 12pm Tuesday 21 February 2006. Monks accompanied by Tibetan Australian musican Tenzin Choegyal.
- 7 Paths to Tibet photograph exhibition and sale at The Old Courthouse, Belmore Basin, Wollongong Harbour, 18-19 February. Official opening by Paul Bourke ATC and Dorji Dolma, Tibet Community of Australia, 7pm Friday 17 February 2006. 7 Paths to Tibet website here.
- Public teachings on the Mandala by Tenzin Phil & Lama Ngawang. 2-3pm Saturday 18 February. Location - Old Courthouse, Wollongong Harbour.
- Tibet & Tibetan Culture - talk by Samdong Rinpoche, Prime Minister, Tibetan Parliament in exile, 2-3pm Sunday 19 February. Location - Old Courthouse, Wollongong Harbour.
- Tim Johnson - lecture on the art of Karma Phuntsok. Well known Australian artist Tim Johnson gave a talk on his ongoing collaboration with Karma Phuntsok. 7pm 22 February 2006. Project Contemporary Art Space.
- Songs of the Mandala Concert - music, singing, dancing and chanting by Tenzin Choegyal and the Namygal Monks. 7pm, Saturday 25 February 2006, Project Contemporary Art Space. Cost: $10.
Wollongong Tibetfest06 was committed to raising awareness of cultural, spiritual and political issues concerning Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism. Tibetfest06 was organised by the Wollongong Dharma Collective.
If you are interested in becoming involved with the Tibetan fight for freedom, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Michael Organ via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0439 442 550.
Australian Tour 2007 |
Dalai Lama Message |
Australian Tibet Council |
Tibet in Australia
Page last updated: 16 October 2006.