Dr. Guoxin Su
Lecturer (Big Data & Software Engineering)
School of Computing and Information Technology
Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences
University of Wollongong
Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Office No. 3.227
Phone:+61 2 42218092
I commenced my appointment at University of Wollongong (UOW) on 1 March 2017. Before that, I was a research fellow
and a senior research fellow
at National University of Singapore (NUS).
In June 2013, I received a PhD degree in Computer Science from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia.
Prior to entering the realm of computer science, I had a different education background.
I received a Master’s degree in Logic in 2009 and a Bachelor degree in Philosophy in 2007, both from the
Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) in China.
My research interests span several areas:
Currenly, I am investing much effort to Big Data analytics and engineering
based on the environment of Apache Hadoop and Spark. This is a rapid-growing field with many promising but challenging research problems.
- ISIT312/912: Big data management (2017 Spring)
- CSIT114/814: System analysis (2017 Spring)
- INFO411/911: Data mining and knowledge discovery (2017 Autumn)
- CS5219: Automated software validation (previous at NUS)
- Workshop on Automated Testing of Cyber-Physical Systems in the Cloud (cpsATcloud2017), July 25-29, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic. PC member
- The 31st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), Singapore, 2016.
Tutorial on "Stochastic Software Testing" (with Dr Matthew Patrick)
- The 27th Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR 2016). Sub-reviewer
- IEEE Workshop on Big Data and Machine Learning in Telecom (BMLIT), Washington D.C., USA, Dec. 5-8, 2016. PC member
- Workshop on Mobile Web Data Analytics, with the 18th International Conference on
Web-Age Information Management, China, 2017 and 2016. PC member
Last updated on 16 June 2017
- Chief Investigator of “Supporting Self-Adaptive Systems with Online Probabilistic Model
Checking”, 2015-2017, funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
- Research Fellow of “Modeling and Analysis of Stochastic Systems with Perturbed Parameters”
(MOE2015-T2-1-137), 12/2015-12/2017, SGD 417,706, funded by Singapore Ministry of Education
- Co-Investigator of “Efficient Probabilistic Verification of Reconfigurable Software System”,
NUS-HU Berlin joint project, 07/2016-06/2017, total project value 40,000EUR