At the completion of this guide it is expected that you will be able to:
- know the values associated with using information in assessment tasks
- know that referencing styles apply consistent rules to the recording of references
- identify referencing techniques for quoting, paraphrasing and summarising the work of others
- recognise the University of Wollongong’s expectations for academic integrity and the penalties that relate to plagiarism
- access UOW guides and policies that will help minimise the risk of plagiarism
"Plagiarism is taken very seriously by the University."
Assoc Professor Steven Roodenrys, Faculty of Health and Behavioural Science.
"Learn how to identify your sources correctly so that your academic honesty is never in question."
Assoc Professor Pauline Lysaght. Faculty of Education.