Subject Code Search
Start with the resources that have been provided for you. These may be e-readings or Short Loans.
The Library holds essential materials identified by your lecturer. These may be listed under the Subject Code and include:
- textbooks (usually located in Short Loans)
- a list of recommended readings including books, book chapters and journal articles (some available as e-readings)
Watch the movie and take note of:
- steps to search by Subject Code
- items may be Short Loans or e-readings
[Download PDF version of the movie]
Hit the ground running – What has your lecturer provided for you?
Did you find your Subject Code?
- Yes. Take a look at some of the items you will be reading this session.
- No. Try again later in the session. Lecturers may add resources throughout the session (but not all subjects have resources in Short Loans or in e-readings)
Now you have completed this guide you should be able to:
- recognise academic information can be found in books and journal articles and these are available in the Library
- identify the range of resources and support services the Library provides to assist you when researching for your assignments
- appreciate the value of your Subject Outline and Reading List
- complete a Subject Code search for your subject resources
"Using your subject outlines is a really vital part of your education. ...
Read it thoroughly.
Read it carefully.
Read it frequently."
Assoc Professor David Vance, Sub Dean, Faculty of Creative Arts.