Exam Centre nomination
If you live in a remote area and are not able to travel to one of UOW's exam centres, you will be required to find a supervisor who can provide suitable arrangements for your exam.
Your supervisor will need to meet the following criteria:
- The supervisor must not be your relative, your friend, or a friend of your family
- The supervisor must not have any vested interest in your studies
- The supervisor must be able to speak, read and write in English
- The supervisor must be able to keep the exam materials locked in a secure location before the exam
- The supervisor must agree not to divulge by any means the contents of the exam paper to any person
The supervisor should ideally be an approved member of staff at a higher education institution.
If this is not possible because of your location, your supervisor may otherwise be a member of one of the following professions AND be able to provide evidence in the form of a business card, original letterhead, or link to the company's website including their contact details:
- Minister of religion or other religious leader
- Police officer
- School teacher
- Justice of the Peace
- Certified Practising Accountant, Chartered Accountant or Chartered Engineer
To nominate a supervisor, download the application form and return it to the Exams Team by email or fax (+61 2) 4221 3295.
Nominations must be received at least one week before the release of the final exam timetable. Failure to nominate by this deadline will result in arrangements not being made for your end-of-session exams.
Arrangements for your exams will be confirmed by SOLS mail, and in your personalised final exam timetable.