eduStream can provide you access to recorded lectures and other learning materials via the Internet. eduStream is not offered in all subjects. Your subject coordinator will notify you when it is offered in your subject.
How do I access eduStream?
No matter where in the world you study, if your subject offers eduStream, you can use a computer to access the lecture recordings and other learning materials from the Internet. eduStream recordings will usually be linked from the eLearning Space for your subject.
eduStream is available using your home computer and a standard dial-up connection 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recordings may be downloaded or streamed from university computers (at the Student Central Computer Laboratories in Wollongong, Dubai or Shoalhaven campuses or at an Education Centre) during the operating hours of the Centre/s.
How do I use eduStream?
eduStream provides another way for you to work with your subject, allowing you to:
- revise lectures that contain difficult material
- study and review lecture materials during the session and before exams
- listen to lectures that you have missed
- gain access to lectures held on other campuses.
eduStream is a 'one-way' method of giving you access to audio and visual materials. It is still important for you to:
- attend face-to-face meetings, tutorials and lectures
- participate in online discussions (where applicable)
- talk to your lecturer
- work with other students.
To optimise the benefits of studying with eduStream it is recommended that you:
- have other relevant materials nearby for cross referencing, comparison and further detail;
- use the controls to pause and replay sections of the recordings to your advantage;
- take notes or annotate printouts of PowerPoint slides or handouts;
- think about the points that the speaker is making rather than simply copying them; and
- consider and participate in all the learning activities that complement the eduStream schedule and combine to provide a complete learning experience.
Help and Contacts
Help is available should you require assistance engaging with any of the UOW eLearning technologies or services.
How does eLearning@UOW benefit me?
The goal for eLearning@UOW is to support active independent learning as well as collaborative learning communities.
In developing competence as eLearners you will be developing a number of the UOW Graduate Qualities, including:
- skills to enable you to become an independent learer
- the capacity to act responsibly
- problem-solving skills