Position: Associate Professor
Phone No: +61 2 4221 3803
- MSc(Hons) (Auckland)
- PhD (ANU)
- Link to full CV
- Environmental Geology
Selected key publications
- Chenhall, B. E., Chiaradia, M., Gulson, B. L., Jones, B. G. and Depers, A. M. 2001. Stable Lead Isotopes: application to sourcing of lead in the environment. In V. A. Gostin (ed.), Gondwana to Greenhouse: Australian Environmental Geoscience, pp. 235-242. Geological Society of Australia Special Publication 21.
- Carr, P. F., and Jones, B. G., 2001. The influence of palaeoenvironment and lava flux on the emplacement of submarine, near-shore Late Permian basalt lavas, Sydney Basin (Australia). Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 112, 247-266.
- Bann, G. R., and Jones, B. G., 2001. The Coolangatta Latite Member and associated tuffs: newly identified basal units in the Gerringong Volcanics, southern Sydney Basin, NSW. Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales 123, 23-37.
- Murray-Wallace, C. V., Jones, B. G., Nghi, T., Price, D. M., Vinh, V. V., Tinh, T. N. and Nanson, G. C., 2002. Thermoluminescence ages for a reworked coastal barrier, southeastern Vietnam: a preliminary report. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 20, 535-548.
- García, A., Jones, B. G., Chenhall, B. E., and Murray-Wallace, C. V., 2002. Charophytes as environmental indicators: a Holocene example from Tom Thumbs Lagoon, Australia. Alcheringa 26, 507-518.
- Kennedy, D. M., Woodroffe, C. D., Jones, B. G., Dickson, M. E., and Phipps, C. V. G., 2002. Carbonate sedimentation on tropical shelves around Lord Howe Island and Balls Pyramid, southwest Pacific. Marine Geology 188, 333-349.
POTENTIAL HONOURS AND PhD TOPICS
SEES Student Noticeboard
If you are intending to meet the Faculty of Science math requirement by completing MATH151 please check when it will be offered