As a School of Biological Sciences, we cover a broad range of topics both in our research and in our teaching. Because all of our teaching staff are involved in world-class research, all students receive an up-to-date curriculum of international standard. We are a dynamic and friendly School and actively encourage student involvement with biological research. Whether you are a student looking for an excellent undergraduate education in biological science, a prospective postgraduate looking to extend your biological experience by undertaking further coursework, or a postgraduate seeking a research degree, as Head I extend a warm welcome to you all.
Head of School, Associate Professor Mark Dowton
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science - Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Ecology
- Bachelor of Science - Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medical Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
4-Year Honours programs
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Advanced Program
- Bachelor of Medical Biotechnology Advanced
- Bachelor of Marine Science Advanced
- Bachelor of Environmental. Science Advanced
This School's commitment to continually improving the quality of teaching, has been acknowledged by the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Learning received by Dr Tracey Kuit, Dr James Wallman, Dr Wendy Russell, Professor Mark Wilson, Prof Mark Walker and Prof Robert Whelan.
Staff within the School have embraced many new technologies, developing computer-assisted learning modules which are integrated into lectures, laboratory classes, tutorials and assessment items.