Research Data Management at UOW
Welcome to the University of Wollongong’s Research Data Management website.
Research data management involves carefully planning how your physical and digital data will be collected, organised, stored, backed up and shared with others (where appropriate).
Effective data management practices can help you to easily find your data, maintain its integrity and security, verify your results, increase the impact of your research and reduce the risk of data loss.
Here you will find a variety of resources and support services to assist you with the management of your research data throughout every stage of your project.
UOW Research Data Management Resources
- Data Management Plan Template
- Research Management Storage Matrix
- Relevant UOW Policies and Guidelines
National and State Guidelines
- National Principles of Intellectual Property Management for Publicly Funded Research
- State Records Act, 1998 (NSW)
- General Retention and Disposal Authority - University Records (2005)
- Copyright Act, 1968 (Commonwealth)
- Privacy Act, 1998 (Commonwealth)
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (2007)
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007)
- Australian National Data Services (ANDS) - Data Management
- Australian Government's Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL)