As recently announced by the DVC(R), DataWise is a University approved strategic project. The project is funded by the Australian Government through the Australian National Data Service (ANDS) and is a co-operative venture between the Research Services Office, the University Library and Information Technology Services (ITS).
There are 6 main strands to the project that will be addressed individually.
- Increase awareness of the importance of the need to properly manage data that is used throughout a research project.
- Develop UOW guidelines and policy that address sound data management
- Implement the “Seeding the Commons” project:
- Liaise with researchers to locate their datasets before tagging them with appropriate metadata
- Populate Research Data Australia (RDA) with the metadata to allow discovery by a global audience
- Implement rigorous data storage and metadata capture systems and processes at UOW
Staff from the Research Services Office will be visiting faculties in the coming months to talk about research data management. Please take advantage of the opportunity to become ‘DataWise’.
Contacts & Assistance
The DataWise project touches many areas of the University. All enquiries can be directed to the DataWise project team in the Research Services Office who will be able to help you.
eResearch Project Officer