UOW eResearch Partners
Intersect Australia Ltd has been established as the peak eResearch organisation in NSW. Intersect is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, established by its founding members to provide eResearch services and solutions.
Intersect's goals are to:
- Raise awareness and stimulate the uptake of eResearch technologies primarily at NSW universities and public and private sector research agencies
- Address eResearch skills shortages through the provision of training, professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- Promote high impact research outcomes through the identification, development and delivery of valuable eResearch tools/services and furthering collaboration between NSW researchers and links with other national and international centres of excellence
The Australian National Data Service (ANDS) aims to:
- influence national policy in the area of data management in the Australian research community
- inform best practice for the curation of data
- transform the disparate collections of research data around Australia into a cohesive collection of research resources
ANDS is funded by the Australian Commonwealth Government's Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (DIISR). The funding has been provided through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) as part of the Platforms for Collaboration Investment Plan.
NCI was established in June 2007 under an agreement between the Australian National University (ANU) and the Commonwealth Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (Department of Innovation) to:
- provide high-end, capability computational services, to the Australian research community,
- advise the Department of Innovation on further investments in the national computing fabric for specialised systems that can support high end computing requirements in particular application areas,
- operate a community based merit allocation scheme that grants access to NCRIS funded resources,
- provide advisory and support expertise to research communities benefiting from NCRIS computational infrastructure investments,
- develop national strategy for the advancement of computational infrastructure in Australia.