Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to print/copy?
- A4 black and white: 10c per single-sided sheet, 19c per double-sided sheet
- A4 colour: 45c per single-sided sheet, 89c per double-sided sheet
- A4 transparencies: black and white – 77c; colour - 95c. Print or copy onto transparencies at the printer/copier marked "Transparencies" in the Print/Copy Room, Ground level, Main Library
- A3 black and white: 20c per single-sided sheet, 39c per double-sided sheet. Use printer/copiers that have an A3 paper tray.
- A3 colour: 90c per single-sided sheet. Use printer/copiers that have an A3 paper tray.
- Casual Copy Cards: $2.20. Insert coins only to that value in the Mini Card Cashier in the Print/Copy Room, Ground level, Main Library.
How can I get help? (e.g. forgotten PIN, lost/damaged card, A3 paper, transparencies, failed print job etc.)
In person - ask the staff
Ask the staff in the Print/Copy Room on the Ground Floor, Main Library. Office hours during Session:
Mon-Thu: 8.00am to 5:30pm
Fri: 8.00am to 5.00pm
Sat-Sun: 12.00pm to 3.30pm
Please call 02 4239 2000. Telephone support is available between 8:00am and 11:45pm weekdays, and between 10:00am and 5:00pm weekends, during Session.
What to do when my PDF document is printing very slowly or not printing?
If you are experiencing problems printing a PDF, please try the following:
- Click the Adobe print icon to launch the print box window. If you cannot see the "Print as image" option, you will need to click the "Advanced" button at this stage.
- Check the "print as an image" option.
- Click "OK".
If problem persists, try the following:
- Save the PDF to the desktop.
- Go to "File" then "Page Setup" and set the page size to A4.
- Send print job to printer again.
What to do when printing Microsoft Word document fails?
- Open document
- Select Edit (from the pull-down menu screen).
- Select All
- Change Font to any common font (e.g. Times New Roman)
- Save document
What to do when printing documents from the Web browser fails (e.g. printing from eLearning/SOLS)?
- Save the document to the desktop
- Open saved document
- Print saved document
How do I print multiple pages on to one sheet?
How do I print single-sided?
How do I print in colour?
- Click on the Properties button in the open "Print" box
- Click on the "Print Quality" tab
- Uncheck the "Print in black and white" option
How do I print from my personal computer on UOW wireless network?
See our WebPrint guide: How to print from a personal computer guide
What to do when I get blank pages when printing PDF files?
Click the Print button on the Adobe Acrobat toolbar, NOT the print button on the browser toolbar or the file menu.
What to do when I get blank pages when printing contents of frames, or from SOLS pages?
- Click in the frame to be printed before selecting "Print".
- If problem persists, try cutting and pasting the content into a new MS Word document
How do I make double-sided copies?
See instructions displayed in the Print/Copy Room.
How can I print my document quickly?
Use one of the "Print-only" computers available in the Main Library:
|Level||Location||Print-only computers available|
|Ground||Behind Stair East||3|
|Ground||Near Group Study Rooms (next to printers)||2|
|1||Near printer copiers||4|
My documents are on a floppy disk or media other than CD or USB thumb drive. How do I print them on Library computers?
Borrow a portable floppy disk reader or multi-format storage card reader from Short Loans. The readers plug into the USB sockets on all Library computers.