How to print from your Personal Computer via the UOW wireless network
1. Go to the WebPrint login page
- Use your SOLS username and the PIN you have previously set.
3. Select account
- Select the account you wish to debit for this transaction
- If you have multiple accounts listed please select ONLY the top account.
- Check your balance to make sure you have funds to cover this transaction
4. If you need to add funds to your account to pay for this transaction
- Open another browser window or tab, go to the UOW Pre Paid Printing & Copying webpage and click on the ACCOUNT button at right.
- Login in to your Account and add credit using one of the methods described under Adding credit to your print/copy account.
- Return to the WebPrint browser window or tab, and then click the "Next" button.
5. Select document to print
- Enter the path and file-name of the document you wish to print, or click on "Browse" to search for the file on your computer.
- Valid documents that can be uploaded for printing include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint compatible files, PDFs and TIFF, PNG, GIF and JPEG image files.
- Once the file has been selected click "Upload" to transfer the document to the WebPrint server.
- Your selected file will be converted and uploaded.
- You can check the uploaded file by clicking on "View".
- You can also delete the uploaded file. When ready, click "Next".
7. Select print options for your uploaded file
- Choose between colour/black and white (Colour setting)
- Double or single-sided printing (Duplex setting)
- A4 or A3 paper (Paper Size setting)
- Number of copies
- and Collation – yes or no.
- When done, click "Next"
8. Check and Print
- Check your settings and if correct click "Print" to continue.
- If you are not happy with any settings you can Click "Start Over".
- The uploaded file you have sent will remain on the server for 3 hours, after which time it will automatically be deleted.
- Remember that you have not yet debited your printing /copying account for this transaction – your account will only be debited when you swipe your Card and select that file at a PrePaidPrint printer at UOW.
9. Finalize Screen
- A "Finalize" screen will appear, confirming that your printing job has been released.
10. Collect printing
- Go to any of the printers at UOW locations shown on the How and Where to Print & Copy webpage.
- Swipe your UOW Student ID card or Casual CopyCard at the device, enter your PIN, and then select the uploaded file from the list which appears.
- You can check your settings again at the printer before proceeding. If you decide not to print the uploaded file you can delete it at this point; however if you do nothing the job will simply be removed from the server after 3 hours.