IT Procurement: BuyIT
Hardware & Software Purchasing
In support of its teaching, research, administrative and service functions, the University provides procurement solutions to the University community via the BuyIT Team. BuyIT provides a wide range of computer hardware and software services and solutions to support the day-to-day IT needs of the University.
|Available to||These services and solutions are available to the University of Wollongong community, including where appropriate, the University’s 100% owned subsidiary organisations.|
- IT procurement specialists are available to provide advice, supply quotations and process orders
- Preferred supplier agreements are in place to deliver cost effective computer hardware and software solutions
- Software solutions can be provided on a per user, multi-user or site licence basis for teaching, research and commercial purposes
- The University works with local, national and international IT vendors to source unique hardware and software solutions to support the University’s specialised IT needs
- Discounted hardware and software products are available to staff and students.
- In order to meet the complete printing, scanning and copying needs of the UOW community, the University has a contracted supplier, Business Machine Specialists (BMS), for the provision and management of Print Services for staff, students and associates. This includes Multi Function Devices. Printing is available for students and visitors via the Prepaid Print Model and for staff via the Workplace Print Model.
|Requirements||An active UOW User Account|
|Notes||To procure software or hardware solutions for your Faculty or Department, a valid University Cost Centre with delegated authority sign-off is required. Special arrangements are in place for University subsidiary organisations that do not use University Cost Centres.|
Last reviewed: 17 May, 2013