Higher Degree Research
The Faculty of Informatics at the University of Wollongong is conducting world class research in information technology and telecommunication and a range of underlying sciences and technologies. The unique composition of the Faculty has created an extremely dynamic learning and research environment. In addition to the core research into IT & T the Faculty has a breadth of research in enabling disciplines such as mathematical modelling, statistical data analysis, manufacturing automation and reliable high quality power supply. The research environment is enhanced by collaboration with a number of major businesses, industry and government organisations and universities overseas and in Australia. The Faculty has a strong record of obtaining competitive research grants from the Australian Research Council.
The Faculty seeks high calibre applicants for a number of Masters and PhD scholarships in one of the research areas supported by the Faculty. The scholarships will be allocated on a competitive basis and are open to both domestic and international students. The stipend will depend on the type of scholarship and on the project, varying from $17267 to $32000 per annum. There are also a limited number of top-ups for selected projects.
For further information about applications and scholarships, contact the Research Student Centre at email@example.com, or Erin Hood at +61 2 4221 4323
The Faculty consists of four schools:
- School of Computer Science and Software Engineering (SCSSE)
- School of Electrical, Computer and Telecommunications Engineering (SECTE)
- School of Information Systems and Technology (SISAT)
- School of Mathematics and Applied Statistics (SMAS)
The Schools have achieved worldwide recognition for their research effort and host world class researchers covering:
- Intelligent Computation Systems
- Computer Networks, wireless and mobile networks
- Speech, image and multimedia processing
- Computer, Communication and Information Security
- Software Engineering
- E-Business and E-Health
- Mathematical Analysis
- Engineering and Industrial Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Intelligent Mechatronics and Robotics Systems
- Wireless Embedded Internet Systems
- Power Systems and Power Quality
- Combinatorics and Numerical Linear Algebra
The Faculty is affiliated with three major research groups:
- University of Wollongong’s ICT Research Institute (formerly Telecommunication and Information Technology Research Institute - TITR) is one of the longest running and largest university-based research institutes in the field of Information and Communication Technology in Australia and is a flagship research strength within the University.
- Institute of Mathematics and Applied Statistics (IMAS) with a unique combination of experts in mathematics, business systems, computer science and statistics.
- Centre for Industrial Automation Research (CIAR), which includes research in Power Engineering, Intelligent Manufacturing and Mechatronics.
The Faculty has been involved in several Cooperative Research Centres (CRC), and has currently a major role in:
Further details of these research Institutes and Centres can be found at Research Units
- Higher Degree Research (HDR) Opportunities
- HDR Scholarships
- University Research Scholarships
- Research & Innovation
Contact the Faculty of Informatics
Student Enquiry Centre
Monday - Friday
8.30am - 5.00pm
T: (02) 4221 3606
SEMINAR AND WORKSHOPS
Title: Threshold-Oriented Optimistic Fair Exchange.
Speaker: Mr Yang Wang
Day: Thursday 9 May 2013
Time: 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Location: Building 3. Level 2 Tearoom
Title: A learning-based Lagrangian relaxation with expansion–contraction flexibility
Speaker: Dr. Sim Kim Lau
Day: Thursday May 16
Time: 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Location: 39. 215
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Informatics Prize Night
- Moon Cake Festival
- Celebrating Research Dinner
- Alumni Night
- SCSSE/SISAT Trade Show
- SECTE Annual Trade Fair
- Faculty Grant Success
- Dean's Merit
- News Archive
PRIVACY: Click here to read about our commitment to privacy.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All feedback is treated in the strictest of confidence.