- UOW's Careers Central
- Job vacancies for mathematicians
- Job vacancies for statisticians
- International jobs in mathematics
Some large companies have graduate recruitment programs that offer a range of benefits. The new employee may be rotated through positions in various divisions of the company to get an overview of the company's activities; they may given regular in-house training, or have a mentor assigned to them, or there may be a peer support network. At the end of the induction period, the employee may be able to choose where they would like to work within the company.
Companies/government departments with graduate recruitment programs that specifically recruit mathematics/statistics graduates include:
- ABARE Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- ACT Government
- ANZ Investment Bank
- APRA (Australian Prudential Regulation Authority)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics [mainly statisticians]
- Centrelink [statisticians]
- Commonwealth Bank
- Defense Signals Directorate
- Department of Community Services [statisticians]
- Department of Health and Aging [statisticians]
- Department of the Treasury
- IAG Insurance Australia Group
- Macquarie Bank
- Munich Holdings
- National Australia Bank
- Woodside Energy Ltd
Companies/government departments with graduate recruitment programs that recruit from a wide range of disciplines, including mathematics/statistics include:
- Air New Zealand
- ASIS Australian Secret Intelligence Service
- Attorney-General's Department
- Australian Customs Service
- Bluescope Steel
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Department of Defense
- Defense Materiel Organisation
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations
- Department of Education, Science and Training
- Department of Finance and Administration
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education
- Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs
- Department of Transport & Regional Services
- Goldman Sachs
- Mars Incorporated
- Police Service
Companies/Government departments with graduate recruitment programs that recruit finance or economics graduates include:
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
- Australian Tax Office
- Australian National Audit Office
- Brickworks Ltd
- Brisbane City Council
- Chandler Macleod Group
- Department of Community Services
- Department of the Treasury
- Dun and Bradstreet
- Ford Motor Company
- Dept. of Regional Australia, Local government, Arts and Sport graduate program
- Procter and Gamble
- Reserve Bank of Australia
- Rio Tinto
- Roads and Traffic Authority
- Transfield Services
Students enrolled in a BMath or related degrees & who are making good progress in their second and/or third year mathematics/applied statistics courses are invited to apply for voluntary and paid work experience over the 2008-2009 summer holidays.
The work experience placements will be awarded on a competitive basis, and will be with companies and government agencies. They are mostly for a two week period in Wollongong, although some companies are in Sydney.
Students will be responsible for making their own arrangements for getting to work, and will be covered by a University insurance policy whilst on work experience.
The Graduate Opportunities website also lists employers with vacation employment programs.
How do you apply?
Information is available from the School Office.
PRIVACY: Click here to read about our commitment to privacy.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All feedback is treated in the strictest of confidence.