'Creating a Tertiary Education Going Culture' Conference
The conference aims to provide an opportunity for teachers in the Illawarra and South East Region to meet and discuss strategies, research and best practice both domestically and internationally for creating a tertiary education going culture within their schools. The conference has been organised as an important pillar of the 2012 In2Uni program.The conference also aims to give teachers a forum to share learning and teaching practices related to equity and social inclusion. The conference has been organised by the University of Wollongong as part of our ongoing commitment to social inclusion and to increasing participation by diverse groups in tertiary education.
Cost: $100 per person. Registration, morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Time and Date:: 9am – 3pm, Friday, 15 June, 2012.
Venue: 67.104, University of Wollongong
The Creating a Tertiary Education Going Culture conference will incorporate some of the following speakers:
- Ms Maria Gray-Spence, Regional Director Illawarra and South East Region, Department of Education and Communities, “Increasing Opportunities for Our Students
- Professor Paul Wellings, Vice-Chancellor, University of Wollongong, “The National Social Inclusion Agenda and an International Perspective”
- Professor Paul Chandler, Dean, Faculty of Education, “ Our future University students”
Other speakers will include
- Ms Yvonne Howie, Chief Executive Officer, The CEO Institute
- Mr Martin Smith, Head, Careers Central, University of Wollongong
- Mr Paul Everill, Dragons Community Development Manager and Mr Scott Stewart, Dragons Education and Welfare Manager, St George Illawarra Dragons
- A/Prof Valerie Harwood and Ms Nicoli Humphry on “Imagining University”
The conference will also include the opportunities for teachers to undertake workshop sessions on “taking it back to the classroom”.
To register for the “Creating a Tertiary Education Going Culture” Conference please contact Miss Bunmi Ogunbona, In2Uni Events and Administration Assistant on (02) 42 52 1552 or email@example.com