Year 12 University Preparation Program
Super Study Day 2017
Open to current Year 12 students who participated in the University Preparation Program or Summer Master Class in 2017, this one day event provides students with the opportunity to individually discuss their applications ahead of Early Admissions interviews, receive feedback after a mock HSC English exam, hear from a current HSC marker, and learn more about their career and pathways options. Students must register their attendance below.
Date: Wednesday 12th July, 2017
Time: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Location: University of Wollongong (Wollongong Campus)- Hope Theatre (Bldg 40)
Applications are now closed for the 2017 University Preparation Program
Improve your HSC study skills, explore your post-high school career and study opportunities, and gain an Early Admissions interview*.
The Year 12 University Preparation Program (UPP) is designed to support you to improve your HSC study skills and experience a taste of UOW student life.
Over two school terms, you will receive tailored study sessions with trained In2Uni Mentors for your HSC subjects through an on-campus study centre. This includes receiving advice on study skills, discussions about your options post-high school, and support in applying for your UOW Early Admissions interview*.
More about the program
Between April and September 2017 you will have access to the following:
• Up to 30 hours of tailored, subject based group tutoring sessions with In2Uni Mentors
• Face-to-face and online study skills development
• Mentoring to explore post-high school options including course options based on your Year 12 academic performance
• Assistance completing your Early Admission interview* and UAC online applications
• An Early Admissions interview* to UOW
• Mock Exam Day – develop your exam preparation skills, gain advice from HSC markers, and sit a mock exam under HSC conditions
• Mock Interview Day – the In2Uni team will help you prepare for Early Admissions interview offers
Cost: Free of charge
On-Campus Program Details: UPP will be run at UOW’s Batemans Bay, Bega, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands and Wollongong campuses. Please find specific information about the campus programs via the UPP Campus Information Sheet.
Application eligibility criteria
You are invited to apply to the Year 12 UPP if you meet the following criteria:
1. You must be completing your HSC or IB in 2017 at a high school in the Illawarra/ South East Region
2. You must be completing a pattern of study that means you are eligible for an ATAR
3. Your academic performance in Year 11 indicates that, at this time, you are unlikely to achieve the results you need to get entry to your preferred university degree
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, you must be attending an In2Uni sponsored school, OR meet one of the following criteria. If you are NOT attending an In2Uni sponsored school, you must meet one (or more) of the following criteria:
• Completing the HSC in a rural or remote area**
• Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
• On a permanent humanitarian visa or have refugee status
• Currently experiencing financial hardship or disadvantage**
• Studies impacted by social disadvantage, disability or health condition**
**You may be asked to provide details of these circumstances at a selection interview for the UPP. Please check with your school if you are unsure about whether you qualify under the rural or remote classification.
Application Process & Key Dates
Applications are now closed for the 2017 program. Applications for the 2018 program will open in September 2017.
How to apply:
1. If you meet the eligibility requirements, please complete the online registration form below.
2. You may be contacted following the registration closing date to participate in an on-campus or telephone interview
3. You will receive a notification email or phone call stating the outcome of your application early in the school year
Terms and conditions
The information above is accurate as at October 2016, and is subject to change without notice.
By submitting an application for the 2017 Year 12 HSC University Preparation Program, I understand that I will thereby agree to the University of Wollongong’s Code of Conduct and the program’s full list of Terms and Conditions.
* Early Admissions interview note: Upon successful completion of the University Preparation Program, you will be guaranteed one UOW Early Admissions interview. This interview will be for a degree determined by UOW, dependent on your academic performance and may not be for the course you listed as a preference in your Early Admissions application.
Enquiries and more information
Please contact UOW In2Uni on (02) 4221 5557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View UPP Brochure