If you are a student looking for an intellectually challenging and fun experience in the January and July school holidays then this program is for you!
The Learning Labs program is for students in Year 1 to Year 10 during 2017 who are bright and inquisitive. You are capable of performing in the top 10-15% of your age peers in any subject area. You could be in a public, catholic, independent school or receiving home schooling. We welcome everyone who would like to meet other kids that share your interests and meet inspiring teachers.
Applications have now closed for the July 2017 program. Dates for January 2018 will be posted soon.
When, where and how much?
- When: 11 - 12 July, 2017
- Time: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm
- Where: University of Wollongong, Wollongong Campus, Innovation Campus (transport provided)
- What to bring: Food, drinks, hat, sunscreen, and stationery supplies
- Fee: $160
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Learning Labs must be advised by email of all cancellations and withdrawals
- You may withdraw your application without penalty up until 14th June 2017
- For more detail on the Refund Policy please see information attachments below
- Learning Labs reserves the right to cancel workshops and change workshop details if deemed appropriate
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for making sure the student meets the selection criteria
- While we would like to allocate every student who applies, this may not be possible due to capped class numbers. If this is the case, places will be allocated on the grounds of equity and need. Students who miss out for July's program will get priority placement for the following holiday program.
- The Early Learning Labs and Little Learning Labs students who qualify and would benefit most from the program need to fulfill ONE or more of the following requirements:
- Teacher nomination letter confirming that the student is capable of working within the top 10% in any subject area for primary school students
- A Distinction or High Distinction in the Australian Schools Science, Math or English Competitions
- An academic scholarship of some description
- Placement or offer of placement in a self contained class for academically gifted students (eg. Selective high school, OC class, pull out program)
- A score within the top band of the relevant aspect in the NAPLAN test (literacy or numeracy)
- 90th percentile or above on any individual or group IQ test
- Parent nomination letter (Little Learning Labs and Home Schooling parents ONLY)
Please attach a copy of supporting documentation with application form.