Student Health Alliance for Rural Populations (SHARP)
What is SHARP?
Student Health Alliance for Rural Populations (SHARP) is the University of Wollongong Rural Health Club. We are a student-run club for students studying nursing, medicine and allied health with a common interest in rural, remote and Indigenous health.
We are all about providing fantastic events and opportunities for health and medical students. Our activities range from rural high school visits, Indigenous festivals, rural road trips, social activities, and guest speaker nights, to supporting students on rural placements. Whether you are from the city or country, we hope our Club’s activities give you many reasons to go rural and stay rural!
As one of 29 member Rural Health Clubs of the National Rural Health Students’ Network (NRHSN), SHARP members are able to not only join in on local Rural Health Club events, but are also eligible to attend national activities including conferences and inter-club events including the Rural Appreciation Weekend!
So sign up, gain a rural take on your studies and join the most stylish Club around!
Our Club Objectives include
- Serve and represent the general interests of SHARP members in promoting rural and remote health
- Encourage rural and remote school students to study health at University
- Promote early and positive rural experiences to all members
- Generate members’ interest and enthusiasm for contributing to the health workforce and furthering health outcomes for rural and remote Australia
- Provide members with rural health-related opportunities which support their personal and professional development, such as networking with health and medical students from other NRHSN Rural Health Clubs
- Generate exposure for rural health issues and NRHSN activities
Download the SHARP Constitution [pdf 216kb]
For Further Information contact
Want to join SHARP?
Find out how here!
Have you graduated?
Find out how to join the NRHSN Alumni here.
SHARP named "Club of the Year" for the 3rd year in a row!
Scholarships and Placements
There are a number of scholarships and schemes available for students with an interest in rural and remote health. Learn more about these scholarships and schemes