Mrs Rebekkah Middleton
RN, Dip. App. Sc (Nursing), BN, Grad Cert Emergency Nursing, Grad Cert Clinical Management, MN (Research)
- Postgraduate Coordinator (Coursework)
- NMIH106 Essentials of Care A
- NMIH201 Principles of Episodic Care
- NMIH202 Developing Nursing Practice 1
- NMIH204 Reflective Practice
- NMIH307 Leadership in Health Care Practice
- GHMB925 Effective Leadership in Health
- GHMB926 Coaching for Healthcare Leaders
- Leadership development
- Practice development
- Emergency nursing issues
- Co-facilitator – Effective Leadership in Practice in conjunction with South Eastern Sydney Local Hospital Network and Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Hospital Network
- Expert reviewer HCCC
- IPDC member
- Lead facilitator action learning group with South Eastern Sydney Local Hospital Network and Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Hospital Network
Publications and Conference Presentations:
Searchable RIS publications from 2000 to date
- Brown, R. A., Brown, A. M. & Middleton, R. (2011). Utilising PD Principles in preparing the new RN for Professional Practice. Practice Development Conference: Transforming Culture, Transforming Care.
- Brown, R. A., Brown, A. M. & Middleton, R. (2010). Preparation for professional practice: enhancing practice. In R. A. Brown (Eds.), Enhancing Practice 10 (pp. 53-53). Belfast.
- Panel member (2009). ‘Not for CPR but for active treatment’, Wollongong Hospital Acute Care Conference.
- Masso, M. R., Bezzina, A. J., Siminski, P. M., Middleton, R. & Eagar, K. M. (2007). Why patients attend emergency departments for conditions potentially appropriate for primary care: Reasons given by patients and clinicians differ. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 19 (4), 333-340.
- Middleton, R. (2006). Suturing as an advanced skill for Registered Nurses in the emergency department. The Australian journal of rural health, 14 (6), 258-262.
- K. M. Eagar, L. P. Lago, M. R. Masso, J. P. Green, A. J. Bezzina, P. M. Siminski, D. Cromwell, J. K. Marthick & R. Middleton (2006). Primary Care: Where and Why. University of Wollongong: Centre for Health Service Development.
- Siminski, P. M., Cragg, S., Middleton, R., Masso, M. R., Lago, L. P., Green, J. P. & Eagar, K. M. (2005). Primary care patients' views on why they present to Emergency Departments - inappropriate attendances or inappropriate policy?. Australian Journal of Primary Health, 11 (2), 87-95.
Phone: +61 2 4221 3724