The Food and Health SRI also supports its research funding through commercially funded research projects for companies within the Australian food and beverage industry.
The core capabilities of the research within the centre are:
- Cross sectional studies of dietary variables and health
Social and behavioural research
- In depth interviews and focus groups (Thematic and discourse analysis with a range of theoretical positions)
- Survey research
Health services research
- Quality assurance studies
- Health service evaluation
Critical reviews of the scientific literature
- Evidence based practice reviews
- Narrative reviews
- Regulatory reviews
Commercial reports/nutrition communications
- The roles of foods, including functional foods in the healthy diets
- Translating nutrition research into practice
- Food and public health policy reports/audits
Recipients of the Food & Health SRI small grants and summer scholarships
Catherine Lucas and Erin Brock. Supervisors: A/Prof Karen Charlton and A/Prof Heather Yeatman.
Two Small Grants:
Yasmine Probst and A/Prof Karen Charlton, Katherine Caldwell, Dr Andrew Jenner, Dr Marijka Batterham.
Congratulations also to Heather Yeatman as the new President of the Public Health Association of Australia.