The Centre for Health Initiatives is offering a range of scholarships for UOW students. If you are in your final year of study, planning on completing an Honours year, or seeking a summer research project, CHI scholarships are a great way to engage with a diverse area of study. Each of the available scholarships will involve undertaking research at CHI on the Innovation Campus, and range from 10 weeks to a year in duration. Students completing an Undergrad from Commerce, Engineering, Informatics, and Health & Behavioural Science faculties are encouraged to apply. Topics of these research scholarships include: alcohol advertising in women’s magazines, alcohol marketing and gambling marketing..
Please see below for information on each of the specific scholarships.
If you would like to enquire about one of the scholarships on offer, please contact:
CHI Research Manager
- Everybody's doing it: alcohol and drug use in a teen-targeted TV series [pdf 120kb]
- Young people's exposure to alcohol marketing in ambient media [pdf 120kb]
- Young people's engagement in experiential marketing of alcohol [pdf 120kb]
- Media representations of gambling addiction in high profile Australian athletes [pdf 104kb]
- How are young people engaging with gambling 'practice' websites and apps? [pdf 104kb]
- Big food and social media: The influence of 'Mummy Blogger' product endorsement [pdf 104kb]
- An investigation of 'pokie venue' marketing strategies [pdf 103kb]
- Evaluating a youth oriented tobacco counter marketing campaign [ pdf 83kb]
- A hangover and a one night stand: Alcohol and risky sex among university students (two available) [pdf 74kb]
- The changing face of alcohol advertising in women's magazines [pdf 120kb]
- Conflicting messages about alcohol in 'health' magazines [pdf 120kb]