About the Centre for Health Initiatives
The Centre for Health Initiatives (CHI), formerly the Centre for Health Behaviour and Communication Research, was established in 2004. It is a Research Strength of the University of Wollongong.
CHI brings together a range of research strengths from the Schools of Nursing, Midwifery & Indigenous Health; Psychology; Health Sciences; and the Graduate School of Medicine. It also provides a structure for developing and encouraging cross-school, cross-faculty and industry-linked research in three key streams of research.
A key activity of CHI is providing direction, guidance and developing effective research skills for postgraduate research students, early career researchers and other academic staff.
Areas of Expertise
CHI undertakes a range of research initiatives across three key streams:
- Initiatives in social marketing & community engagement
- Initiatives in critical marketing & media analysis
- Initiatives in health education, leadership and practice development
- Aged Care & Dementia
- Health Professional Education
- Workplace Health, Safety & Productivity