Publications and Presentations
- Jones SC (2011) Social marketing’s response to the alcohol problem: Who’s conducting the orchestra? In SAGE Handbook on Social Marketing; Hastings G, Angus K & Bryant C (Eds): Sage: London.
- Dreyfus SJ & Jones SC (2010) Constructing Sports Stars: Appliable Linguistics and the Language of the Media. In Appliable Linguistics; Mahboob, A. & Knight, N. K., Eds.; 1 ed.; Continuum International Publishing Group: London; pp 114-129.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Jones SC, Barrie L, Robinson L, Allsop S & Chikrizhs T (early view) Point-of-sale alcohol promotions in the Perth and Sydney metropolitan areas. Drug and Alcohol Review (accepted 27/02/12).
- Gilchrist, H., Smith, K.M., Magee, C., Jones, S. C. (2012). A hangover and a one-night stand: alcohol and risky sexual behaviour among female students at an Australian University. Youth Studies Australia 31(2), 35-43.
- Jones SC & Telenta J (2012) What influences Australian women (not) to drink during pregnancy? Australian Journal of Primary Health 18(1), 68-73.
- Jones SC, Barrie L & Berry NJ (2011) Why (not) alcohol energy drinks? A qualitative study with Australian university students. Drug & Alcohol Review 31, 281–287.
- Jones, S. C., & Reid, A. (2011). Sex and Sexism in Australian Alcohol Advertising: (Why) Are Women More Offended than Men? Contemporary Management Research 7(3), 211-230.
- Jones SC & Reis S (2011) Not just the taste: Why adolescents drink alcopops. Health Education 112(1), 61 - 74
- Jones SC & Magee CA (2011) Exposure to alcohol advertising and alcohol consumption among Australian adolescents. Alcohol & Alcoholism 46 (5), 630-637.
- Jones SC & Smith K (2011) The effect of Point of Sale Promotions on the alcohol purchasing behaviour of young people in metropolitan, regional and rural Australia. Journal of Youth Studies 14(8), 885-900.
- Jones SC (2011) “You wouldn’t know it had alcohol in it until you read the can”: Adolescents and alcohol-energy drinks. Australasian Marketing Journal, 19(3), 189-195.
- Hoek J & Jones SC (2011) Regulation, public health and social marketing: a behaviour change trinity. Journal of Social Marketing, 1(1), 32-44.
- Jones SC (2011) It’s not just researchers who need a new agenda. Addiction 106(3), 474-476.
- Gilchrist H, Jones SC & Barrie L (2011) Experiences of emergency department staff: Alcohol-related and other violence and aggression. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal 14(1), 9-16.
- Jones SC, Telenta J, Johnson K & Shorten A (2011) Midwives and pregnant women talk about alcohol: what advice do we give and what do they receive? Midwifery 27(4):489-496
- Jones SC & Barrie L (2011) RTDs in Australia: expensive designer drinks or cheap rocket fuel? Drug & Alcohol Review 30(1), 4-11
- Jones, S.C., Gregory, P. (2010) Health warning labels on alcohol products – the views of Australian university students, Contemporary Drug Problems 37(1), 109-137.
- Jones SC (2010) When does alcohol sponsorship of sport become sport sponsorship of alcohol? International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship 11(3), 250-261.
- Jones SC, Phillipson L & Barrie L (2010) Most men drink…especially like when they play sports - alcohol advertising during sporting broadcasts and the potential impact on child audiences Journal of Public Affairs 10(1-2), 59-73.
- Jones SC & Reid A (2010) The use of female sexuality in Australian alcohol advertising: public policy implications of young adults' reactions to stereotypes, Journal of Public Affairs 10(1-2), 19-35.
- Jones SC, Gregory P & Munro G (2009) Adolescent and young adult perceptions of Australian alcohol advertisements, Journal of Substance Use, 14(6), 335-352.
- Jones SC & Gregory P (2009) The impact of more visible standard drink labelling on youth alcohol consumption: Helping young people drink (ir)responsibly? Drug & Alcohol Review, 28, 230-234.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2009) Social and Religious Factors in Adolescents’ Drug Use, Journal of Child & Adolescent Substance Abuse 18, 85-92.
- Jones SC (2008) Alcohol portrayals in movies: now we know they're there, what next? (Invited Commentary). Addiction 103(12), 1934-1935.
- Jones SC, Hall D & Munro G (2008) How effective is the revised regulatory code for alcohol advertising in Australia?. Drug and Alcohol Review, 27, (1), 29-38.
- Jones SC & Lynch MJ (2007) Non-advertising alcohol promotions in licensed premises: does the Code of Practice ensure responsible promotion of alcohol?. Drug and Alcohol Review, 26, (5), 477-485.
- Jones SC & Lynch MJ (2007) A pilot study investigating of the nature of point-of-sale alcohol promotions in bottle shops in a large Australian regional city. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 31, (4), 318-321.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2003) Personality characteristics ascribed to young women who drink alcohol, Drug and Alcohol Review, 22(2), 117-123.
- Jones SC & Donovan RJ (2002) Self-regulation of alcohol advertising: is it working for Australia? Journal of Public Affairs, 2/3, 153-165.
- Jones SC & Donovan RJ (2001) Messages in alcohol advertising targeted to youth. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 25(2), 126-131.
- Jones SC & Jernigan DH (2010) Special Issue Editorial: Alcohol Advertising, Marketing and Regulation. Journal of Public Affairs 10(1-2), 1-5.