Graduate School of Business Coursework Scholarships
The Graduate School of Business is pleased to announce a new scholarship scheme for international students.
Each scholarship covers full tuition on the final subjects of study in one of the following GSB masters courses.
Up to 10 partial tuition scholarships are available for commencing students in 2009
For students applying to …
Scholarship covers tuition for …
Master of Business Administration - MBA
Final 3 of 12 subjects
Master of International Business - MIB
Final 2 of 8 subjects
Master of Science (Logistics)
Master of Project Management
Master of Retail Management
Master of Management
The applicant must
• be eligible for admission to a master level program at the Graduate School of Business in Wollongong or Sydney
• be making his or her first application to study in the Graduate School of Business after 12 August 2008
• be the holder of a bachelor degree with a minimum GPA equivalence to an Australian bachelor degree of 2.75 (on a 4-point scale)
• be commencing his or her first course at the Graduate School of Business in Autumn session 2009 (at Wollongong campus) or intake A or B (at the Sydney campus)
• be an international student
• not receive any advanced standing/credit exemption into the master degree studies at the Graduate School of Business
The applicant must
• apply for the scholarship before 14th December 2008
• complete and submit the scholarship form together with the course application form, including evidence of graduation (in the form of a recognised certificate of graduation) and a full transcript of studies undertaken as part of the bachelor course.
The application can be submitted directly or through an accredited agent or representative of the University of Wollongong.
All applications will be assessed by the scholarship committee, and applicants will be advised of the outcome by email on 21 December 2008.
In order to be eligible to take up the scholarship, the successful applicants
• must have maintained a 60% average in each semester of study at the Graduate School of Business
• must not have taken a leave of absence and must have maintained a full-time study load during each semester/term of study
• must hold international student status at the time of the award
Awarding of the scholarship
• the scholarship will be confirmed following the release of results in the penultimate (second last) semester/term of study, and prior to the commencement of his or her last semester/term of study
• awardees will receive the scholarship in the form of a discounted tuition fee in the final session of study.
1. The scholarship must be taken up in the session of study for which it is awarded, and cannot be transferred to another student, or deferred; nor redeemed for a cash payment or rebate or in-kind payment.
2. The determination of equivalence of the staus and GPA equivalence of the applicant’s bachelor degree is solely that of the University of Wollongong, and is not subject to appeal.
For any enquiries relating to this scholarship program, contact
Phone – within Australia – 1300367 869
Phone – international - +61-2-4221-3218