Special Features of Primary Program
The primary program has several key features:
- Students start Professional Experience in week three of first session of first year. This gives students a 'taste' of what life is like in schools so they can be sure early in their degree that teaching is what they really want to pursue as a career. Professional Experience continues throughout the course providing a valuable link between theory and practice.
- A coherent program of elective subjects, offered in years three and four, allows students to specialise in educational areas of interest and expertise.
- There is also the opportunity to study for 6 months in an overseas university. The Study Abroad program is self funded but subjects studied are credited to the enrolled course.
- Second year students are also offered the opportunity to teach in China, Fiji, Malaysia or Thailand. Note: students have to finance this themselves.
- The opportunity to complete an honours degree in fourth year.
Last reviewed: 1 June, 2010