Dean's Scholar Programs
The Dean's Scholar degrees provide an enriched educational experience for high achieving students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of education.
Students enrolled in the Dean's Scholar degrees will fulfill the same requirements for their respective courses but will be allocated an academic mentor and engage in enriched assessment tasks in specified subjects.
Students will benefit from:
- Extended library privileges
- Designated study space
- $500 textbook allowance per year (pro rata for part-time)
- Opportunities to attend Faculty workshops and seminars
- End of year lunch and other relevant activities with the Dean and Mentors
Dean's Scholar Degrees Available
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Education - The Early Years (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Science Education (Dean's Scholar)
The Dean's Scholar program is also available for the respective Honours degrees.
In addition to applying through UAC, candidates must submit a completed Dean's Scholar application. Selection is based on a combination of ATAR and successful application. A minimum ATAR of 90 is required for admission.
Current Education students can apply for a course transfer to the Dean's Scholar program if they have completed 48 credit points of study at 100 level and have achieved a Weighted Average Mark of 85%.
Weighted Average Mark of at least 80 to continue in the program.
Deadline for Applications
3rd January 2013.