WATTLE Event Request
Do you have an idea or request for a WATTLE Event? Considerations for determining if an activity is a WATTLE event are listed below. If your suggestion fits within this criteria, please complete the online request form and submit your proposal to WATTLE.
Does the proposed activity...
- have a focus on one or more current UOW Learning and Teaching strategic initiatives;
- feature (or is it being facilitated by), people with credibility in Learning and Teaching at a National level or those with a strong emerging profile in the field;
- create opportunities for WATTLE members to connect, network, develop, recognise and share professional knowledge, expertise and practice in relation to Learning and Teaching;
- positively promote WATTLE and/or UOW and enhance the credibility of WATTLE/UOW internally and externally to the university;
- promote a WATTLE Hot Topic;
- have clear and measurable outcomes that can inform UOW’s strategic plans in Learning and Teaching and /or WATTLE purpose;
- represent value for money (this can be demonstrated through the potential for output/deliverables for the Learning and Teaching community across UOW and beyond).
Guidelines for funding
- Preference will be given to those speakers who do not charge for the presentation (i.e. National L&T Fellows) or international speakers who are seeking additional events for Study Leave etc. Not withstanding addressing the criteria (1-7) above.
- If speakers charge a fee, WATTLE will not provide any additional payments. For example: if the speaker charges a flat rate for the presentation, this will be the total payment provided and no contribution to travel expenses etc. will be made.
- Speakers who require assistance with travel costs, but do not charge an upfront fee, will be funded in accordance with UOW per-diem rates (for equivalent city). For example: Regional cities such as Newcastle and Wollongong attract a per-diem of $226.25 for 24 hours (including accommodation/meals/incidentals) .
- Speakers may need to make payment claims against the university through the provision of a valid Tax Invoice.
- Internal UOW speakers will not be paid but WATTLE can support by providing light refreshments or light lunch – such activities are also favourably viewed in terms of CPD.