What is the UOW Educational Developer Network?
The Educational Developer Network brings together staff from any campus across the university who are passionate about learning and teaching and who are interested in sharing ideas, discussing issues and promoting quality learning and teaching practice. The network meets regularly to talk informally as well as discuss current issues in educational development. An Educational Developer role encompasses knowledge, skills and expertise in designing for learning, educational resource development, integrating digital pedagogies and technologies into the curriculum, and professional development.
What are Our Aims?
- Bring together staff to share ideas and discuss issues in a supportive community.
- Provide opportunities for discussion and communication about learning and teaching.
- Raise awareness of the network amongst peers, colleagues and other interested individuals and groups.
- Raise awareness of and offer professional development opportunities for those with educational development roles either centrally or within faculties.
- Build a community of practice with colleagues at UOW and beyond.
What are the benefits of joining the Educational Developer Network?
As a member of our community, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet like-minded peers and colleagues.
- Share knowledge and ideas and support educational development practice.
- Bring issues to the group for discussion and support.
- Be informed about network meetings and events.
- Be notified about and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Be part of a supportive community.
Membership of the Educational Developer Network is free and open to all UOW staff. It is as easy as emailing the group or contact one of the network’s mailing list administrators:
How does the Educational Developer Network work?
The network has a growing membership and meets every two months for approximately an hour. Each meeting starts with a focus topic and follows with general discussion. Feedback from colleagues who have been attending the meetings has been overwhelmingly positive and this year there has been increasing support for the network. The firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list is used to disseminate information regarding meetings and events.
2017 Meeting dates
Time: 12.30pm to 1.30pm for all meetings
- Wednesday, 8 February 2017
- Tuesday, 4 April 2017
- Thursday, 25 May 2017
- Tuesday, 11 July 2017
- Thursday, 14 September 2017
- Wednesday, 1 November 2017
- Tuesday, 12 December 2017
Location will be advised via group email
Similar Education Networks:
- UNSW Network of Faculty Educational Developers
- Flinders University Communities of Practice and Interest Groups
- University of Southern Queensland Communities of Practice