NATIONAL TEACHING & LEARNING AWARDS
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Professor Joe Chicharo, congratulates the Research and Critical Analysis (RCA) Program team (Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health) on receiving a 2016 National Award for Programs that Enhance Learning for Innovation and Flexibility in curricula, learning and teaching. The award was received as part of the 2016 Australian Awards for University Teaching.
The RCA Program was recognised as one of Australia’s most outstanding university programs, contributing to the quality of student learning and student experience in higher education.
RCA Team: A/Prof Judy Mullan (Lead), Prof Peter McLennan, Dr Kathryn Weston, Dr Warren Rich, Ms Shelley Crowther & Dr Pippa Burns.
Ministers Media Release
Congratulations to Mr Roy Brown (Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health) and Dr Belinda Gibbons (Faculty of Business) who also received 2016 National Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning in September.
- Mr Brown was awarded a citation for leadership in the development and implementation of the Nursing Competency Assessment Schedule (NCAS), which enhances student learning and assessment in clinical practice.
- Dr Gibbons was recognised for pioneering the design, development and implementation of an interdisciplinary experiential learning environment, as a means of embedding responsible decision-making in business higher education.
National Citations are awarded to those who have made a significant contribution to the quality of student learning in a specific area of responsibility over a sustained period. They recognise the diverse contributions made by individuals and teams to the quality of student learning in the Higher Education sector.
DVC(A) comprises the following Portfolio Areas:
- Academic Quality & Standards
- Graduate Career Development & Employability
- Learning, Teaching & Curriculum
- Library Services
- Regional Campuses & Student Diversity
- South Western and Southern Sydney Campuses
- Strategic Marketing & Communications
- Strategic Planning
- Student Services & Education Analytics
- Woolyungah Indigenous Centre