2017 Annual Appeal
Celebrating 10 years in 2017 the Learning and Development Scholarship Fund was created to finance scholarships supporting students in need.
This program truly demonstrates philanthropy in action, as it is fully funded by donations from committed staff, alumni and community members determined to make a positive impact in the lives of our young people.
What began as a scholarship program offering single one-off scholarships valued at $1,000 in 2008, through the generosity of many including you Peter, the University now offers 10 new Learning and Development scholarships each year valued at $9,000 over three years.
Students like Kristie Tancevski have benefited from the support of our generous alumni and friends. She is already looking to support the Fund and continue the cycle of giving.
Our calling campaign will commence June 20 for four weeks and we look forward to connecting with you.
This year our focus is on these key initiatives.
Illuminate: Health and Medical Research
A mission to work tirelessly to solve complex, real-world problems.
Your gift will:
- Support UOW's dementia researchers in their endeavours to examine what is needed to ensure a better quality of life in later years.
- Assist in the search for early and accurate testing to develop drugs that will target diseases.
- Support our cancer researchers in their exploration for solutions for better clinical practice and preventative health.
Elevate: supporting our future
UOW is committed to all students both current and future through the Learning and Development Fund:
A mission to ensure that social and economic disadvantage does not hinder students university aspirations.
Your gift will:
- Create scholarships valued at $3,000 per annum for three years to support disadvantaged students of all ages.
- Open study opportunities for students with disabilities, low socioeconomic backgrounds or those supporting a family.