Frequently Asked Questions
Browse though the FAQs to find answers to your Degree queries.
- Who can be supervisors?
- How can I change supervisors?
- What if I have problems with my supervision?
- What are the rules regarding co-supervisors/secondary supervisors?
During the Degree
- How do I write my research proposal?
- What happens while completing my Degree, before and after I do my proposal presentation?
- What are Annual Progress Reports?
- What training courses are available to enhance my research skills?
- I need to get data offsite from UOW, how do I go about it?
- Can I take leave?
- What type of scholarships can I apply for?
- I am a scholarship recipient and my scholarship will expire soon but I still need to work on my research. How do I apply for an extension?
- How can I voice my ideas, suggestions, and concerns as a student?
- I was enrolled as an International student but now I have obtained my Permanent Residence Visa, what do I do to change to a domestic student status?
- My student visa is expiring soon, what do I do to extend my student visa?
Thesis and Examination Matters
- How can I prepare my thesis?
- What are the dissertation thesis guidelines? (Please see 21.2 Journal Article Style, page 29).
- What are the guidelines for a PhD by Published Works?
- What are the guidelines for editing my thesis?
- What editing assistance is offered?
- What are the final examination procedure and deadlines?
- What are the procedures for Examination of Work Submitted for Doctoral of Philosophy by Published Works?
- How do I submit my thesis and graduate?
- Who is the “Go To” Person for HDR students?
- Travel Form: Contact either Christine O’Brien or Melissa Davies in the Finance Unit 40.127
- Course work
- What is ruled by the university and for which aspects of the degree do Commerce rules exist?
The HDR course rules are the overarching rules for which faculties would operate in relation to their HDR students. They are overarching and faculties work within these rules, so too the UOW Course rules.
- Are HDR students allowed to audit classes and what is the process for this?
HDR students are allowed to audit IF the supervisor and subject co-ordinator approve this
Last reviewed: 28 March, 2013
- Accounting academic Dr Corinne Cortese's weblog collaboration sparks The Conversation on the private world of carbon reporting
- Dr Shahriar Akter receives triple outstanding publication success