Applications are now open for Autumn 2018
- ABOUT THE SUBJECT
- WORK EXPERIENCE OPTIONS
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- FIND OUT WHAT STUDENTS THOUGHT
- REGISTER NOW
CRLP200/201: About the Subject
CRLP200/201: Career Ready Learning & Practice is a practical subject designed to help you focus on your career goals and develop your professional skills. As part of the subject you will undertake an internship or industry project, giving you an opportunity to learn and apply skills specific to your studies.
CRLP200/201 is ideal for students who;
- want to strengthen their resume by adding more work experience on their resume
- need some guidance with their career direction
- want to understand the labour market and how to navigate it and recruitment processes
- want to learn professional communication skills including report writing, presenting, negotiating and networking
- build a professional network
- test-drive their knowledge and skills
Availability and Eligibility
CRLP200/201 is offered in Autumn at Wollongong, Bega, Shoalhaven and the Southern Highlands and in Wollongong & Southern Sydney in Spring.
Eligible students should meet the following criteria:
- Either enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree that accepts elective subject from the General Schedule OR has received permission from the faculty to do so.
- Have successfully completed three full sessions or 72 credit points
- Have a WAM (weighted average mark) of at least 60 – Calculate WAM
Places are limited and entry is competitive, based on academic merit and personal suitability. You must attend a compulsory placement preparation workshop (date to be announced)
How to Enrol
Students cannot enrol in this subject via SOLS. If you meet the eligibility requirements above, register your interest by completing the online registration form below.
- Provide a personal statement (250-500 words) explaining your reasons for applying to undertake CRLP200/201.
- You will receive a notification email stating the outcome of your application.
- To confirm your enrolment you must reply to this email.
Short-listed candidates may be requested to complete a selection interview.
Applications close Wednesday, 28 February.