GQEST: Graduate Qualities & Employability Skills Team challenge
Take the GQEST challenge and find the answers to these frequently asked questions:
- What do employers really want?
- What are some of the employment options related to my degree?
- How can I promote my skills and experiences to increase my employability?
Find out the answers to these questions and add to your resume by taking part in GQEST
What is GQEST?
Students are placed in a faculty or discipline based team to:
- Research a range of employment options for your faculty, degree or specialisation using online resources, print-based material and employer interviewing relevant employers.
- Research the Graduate Qualities of UOW graduates and the industry and government developed core skills for work framework.
- Interview employers for the employer perspective.
- Synthesise these findings to report on a range of employment options, the skills and qualities developed through your studies and the skills and qualities valued by employers.
- Produce a 10 page report, poster and 15 minute presentation
- As you discover what makes your discipline employable - you actually practically build your employability providing real evidence for future job interviews,
When is GQEST?
The program will now run in Summer Session 2015/2016 - Late January - February 201 over 3-4 weeks.
Who should do GQEST?
- Students completing their first year of study are warmly encouraged to participate – gather worthwhile information at a crucial time in your degree
- International students are welcome – better understand employment in Australia
- All students who want to explore their employment options and demonstrate their skills through extra-curricular activities
- GQEST can be involved in your UOW Award activities.
How DO I register for GQEST?
Registrations will open during spring semester 2015