Job Record No: 9F4E10951
Company Name: SPARK (St Vincent de Paul Society Assisting Refugee Kids)
Nature of Job: Voluntary Work
Disciplines: All disciplines
Academic Status: All years
Job Title: SPARK Volunteer
Job Specification: SPARK provides curriculum, social and cultural support to newly arrived refugee children and their families through selected primary schools in Central Western Sydney. SPARK aims to:
- aid refugee settlement
- raise mainstream community awareness about refugees
- facilitate chances for social contact and mutual appreciation between refugee and mainstream communities.
Essential Skills: SPARK Volunteers see the difference they make in the lives of the children they assist. By giving less than two hours a week, you can help make the difference in the life of a child who is adjusting to a new country, new language, new school. Be part of giving a hand up..... SPARK is looking for volunteers who can spare approximately 1.5 hours (3 - 4.30pm) a week at schools in Central Western Sydney. Volunteers are involved in assisting the primary school aged children with their homework and English skills, providing general practical advice and assistance to parents/ guardians and helping run creative and recreational activities. SPARK trains volunteers four times a year in February, April, July and October.
Add. Requirement: - Australian Citizen - - Australian Resident -
Work Arrangements: Voluntary/Community Work
Closing Date: Check website
Date of Commencement: October 2011
How to apply: Visit http://www.vinnies.org.au/spark-nswand please download the SPARK application form and return it to the SPARK Volunteer Officer.
Advertised on: 24 August 2011
- Graduate Recruitment Programs -- Industrial Experience -- Vacation Work -- Internships -- Cadetships -- Scholarships
- Immediate (degree related) full-time, part-time or contract work on & off campus
- Casual jobs on campus -- Casual jobs off campus
- Voluntary Work -- Unpaid Work Experience in Australia & overseas