Key Information For Students
Connecting Students to Career Job Options
No matter what your discipline or stage in your studies, making career decisions and chasing down relevant opportunities are made easier when you think about it as a four stage process:
- learning about self (like a self audit process – find your direction)
- learning about options (what’s out there – explore your options)
- learning about decisions (how to make good decisions – discover your employability)
- learning about transitions (how to apply for work – get your job)
At Careers Central we are very keen to help you get a sense of the connections between you (your discipline, your experiences, your skills, your qualities & your values) and the world of work. And what is it that employers want, and with this in mind – how can you develop what is on their ‘wishlist’ – before you finish at UOW (this is where work related experiences fit in).
The following pages will all contribute to your career action plans:
- Graduate Qualities
- Help Making Career Decisions
- Career Counselling
- Job Applications & Resumes Writing
- Student Central
|Explore||if you want to see what’s out there|
|if you need assistance applying for a job or opportunity|
|if you need to increase your employability|
Pop into our office to talk about your career plans – see our Contacts pages on how to find us.
Whats Happening @ Careers Central
Stepping into… - is a paid internship program, specifically designed for students with a disability who want to get paid, hands-on work experience in an industry that is relevant to their degree and chosen field of study. Details here.