Careers Central - WWW Careers Links
Get help with researching possible careers related to your degree
The number and type of job sites available on the Internet is constantly changing. Some are fantastic sites, some are very ordinary, and some are designed to rip you off.
We recommend you use our Careers Central website as your starting point for your online job search.
Where do graduates end up on a national and local level? How does your degree and discipline(s) connect with the workplace. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet with employers on and off campus - Careers Fairs are ideal for this. The more you know of your options ... the more chance you have of heading in the right direction for the right reason.
Graduate Careers Australia
- Graduate Careers Australia
- Gradstats follow the link on Graduate Careers Australia from 'WHAT JOB FOR YOU' to 'the grad files'
- Graduate Opportunities
The 'Graduate Opportunities' book is also available from the Careers Service office for Final Year students (limited number only!).
- Industry Career Profiles
This section of Graduate Careers Australia contains a range of online booklets developed to provide students at any stage of their study who are thinking about their future employment, with information to help in the transition to a full time graduate position. These industry career profiles have been developed for many fields of study, ranging from Accounting to Women's Studies, and the series is constantly being updated.
- Unigrad is a general graduate employment website offering information about graduate employers, advice on resumes, job applications, and job alerts.
- GradConnection is a free platform that lets you choose exactly what industry opportunities you want to hear about, and delivers them straight to your inbox! Sign up to get personalised updates for Internships and Graduate jobs at http://www.gradconnection.com.au
- myfuture is the Australian national storehouse for careers related information, in addition to offering a variety of career self assessment and matching tests
DEEWR Job Outlook
Each year the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) produces a searchable database (as well as a printed directory) of occupational statistics based on the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) monthly labour force survey, including projected employment growth for particular occupations. A summary of key labour force characteristics is presented in statistical form at the top of the overview page for each occupation, and more details are provided by graphs with hypertext links comparing each occupation to all the others.
Job Outlook provides you with information on occupations Australia wide, such as the size of the workforce, future growth prospects, required skills, duties involved, average weekly earnings, and the main employing industries. Use the information in Job Outlook to help you to make informed career decisions.
UK'S Prospects Quick Match Tool
- Register to access useful guides
- the UK's official graduate careers website 'Options with your subject' section lets you select from subjects to explorer your career options.
WWW Careers Links
Websites which focus on opportunities in
- Employment Opportunities for People With Disabilities
- Indigenous Services
- Health/Nursing/Human Services/Medical School
- Directories/Associations ...
- Internships, Work, Travel & Study
- Australian Universities
- Universities Worldwide
- WWW Search Engines
Whats Happening @ Careers Central
Stepping into… - is a paid internship program, specifically designed for students with a disability who want to get paid, hands-on work experience in an industry that is relevant to their degree and chosen field of study. Details here.