Help to get your job
Getting Work Experience
Spring Careers Fair 2012
UOW Careers Central's Spring Careers Fair is back. You can expect well-known companies like Ernst & Young, the Commonwealth Bank, Deloitte and many more to attend this year, giving you the perfect opportunity to network with employers all in one location. The majority of employers attending the Fair on the day are actively recruiting students from all years and across disciplines for a variety of graduate programs, vacation programs, internships and work experience. This is a good opportunity to practice your networking skills, research employers and your career options. Organisations will be registering to attend up until the day of the Fair, so check this page regularly to see who will be there. Careers Central will also be available on the day to answer any queries you may have.
EVENT DETAILSDATE: Thursday 8th August 2013
TIME: 10.00am to 1.00pm
VENUE: Exhibition Space, Level 1, Building 11, UniCentre
FREE FOOD AND PRIZES FOR STUDENTS
This is a not to be missed event! There will be FREE morning tea available for students between 10.30am and 11.30am.
There will also be awesome prizes to be won for completing the student feedback form on the day:
- Learn to Surf Voucher
- $40 Myer Voucher
- 4x Definition Fitness Vouchers
- 5x Zumba Vouchers
PREPARING FOR THE FAIRFOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE FAIR click here
TIPS ON WHAT EMPLOYERS DON'T LIKE TO SEE AT A FAIR.
- Students who do not take the event seriously. Some employers have travelled a long way and are looking to spot students who are potential employees for their organisation so be sure you are switched on and attentive.
- Students who do not do any research before the event and ask employers what does this company do?, what does your company make? etc
- Students who do not listen to employers, lack eye contact and seem distracted and disinterested.
- Students who forget to turn off their mobile phones, eat while being spoken to or are too interested in the freebies on offer.
- Students who lack self knowledge and cannot provide information about themselves when asked. This is why you need to practice your 30 - 60 second introduction about who you are.
YOUR CHECKLIST FOR THE FAIR
- Dress to impress - smart casual is the way to go!
- Do your research on employers who are attending - make a list of who you want to visit on the day
- Have a 30 - 60 second introduction and key questions written down and practised
- Get there on time
- Be positive and show enthusiasm. Body language is vital!
- Complete the student feedback form as you exit and go into the draw to win awesome prizes!
- Visit the Careers Central stand for careers related information
Date: Thursday 8th August 2013
Venue: UniCentre Building 11, Level 1, Exhibition Space
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Last updated: 06-Aug-2012
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
Disciplines targeted: Accounting, Finance and Business
Disciplines targeted: ALL
- Adelaide Brighton Ltd
Disciplines targeted: Engineering - Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, Civil
- Antipodeans Abroad
Disciplines targeted: All
Disciplines targeted: Engineering, Science, Information Technology
- BHP Billiton - Illawara Coal
Disciplines targeted: Engineering: Mining, Electrical, Mechanical, Geotechnical, Processing, Science: Geology, Surveying, Environmental, Health Science: Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Therapy, OH&S, Business: HR, Finance, Marketing
- Cisco Systems
Disciplines targeted: Information Technology
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Australia Pty Limited
Disciplines targeted: All IT and Engineering
- Consulate-General of Japan, Sydney
Disciplines targeted: All disciplines. Australian citizens only. Possibility for citizens of other countries to join through their country of citizenship.
- CPA Australia
Disciplines targeted: Accounting, Finance, IT and Business
- CRCC Asia Ltd
Disciplines targeted: ALL
- Defence Force Recruiting
Disciplines targeted: Engineering, Health
Disciplines targeted: Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Business/Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources Psychology, IT/IS & Computer Science, Law, Multimedia Design, Mathematics/Statistics, Science
- Delta Electricity
Disciplines targeted: Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electrical - 3rd year students for vacation industrial placments
- Ernst & Young
Disciplines targeted: Business, Commerce, Law, IT, Statistics, Economics
- Graduate Opportunities
Disciplines targeted: All Disciplines
- ITIC - IT TRAINING & RESOURCING
Disciplines targeted: Bachelor of Information Technology, Information Technology (Postgraduate)
Disciplines targeted: Bachelor of Commerce (majoring in Accounting)
- Martifer Aluminium
Disciplines targeted: Civil, Mechanical
- Moultrie Group
Disciplines targeted: Geology
- Navitas Careers & Internships
Disciplines targeted: Engineering, ICT and Accounting graduates
- Northrop Consulting Engineers
Disciplines targeted: Bachelor Engineering (Civil,Structural,Mechanical, Electrical)
- The Aurora Native Title Internship Program
Disciplines targeted: Law, History, Anthropology, Human Geography, Archaeology, Natural Resource Management, Business, Indigenous Australian Studies, Criminology, Commerce, Social Science, Cultural Heritage, Social and Criminal Justice, Environment and Heritage, Sociology, Environmental Science, Social Work, Environmental Management, Economics Policy Development.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants
Disciplines targeted: Bachelor of Commerce
- Volunteering Illawarra
Disciplines targeted: All