Jobs on Campus - Hiring Managers
Jobs on Campus (JOC) is a free and efficient recruitment service aimed to help you fill your casual vacancies with capable and committed UOW students.
The main objective of JOC is to ease the casual recruitment and selection process and to assist you in acquiring students that are committed and who have made it to the JOC talent pool by proving themselves to be ‘campus ready.’
JOC aims to achieve this by requiring students to attend and actively participate in specific Careers Central workshops, which will provide them with the necessary skills and knowledge that you’re looking for in future hires.
To get your role advertised exclusively through JOC, follow this simple 4 step process.
Complete the Jobs on Campus vacancy form and select the type of service you’d like to receive from JOC:
- Create a job ad and send out JobAlert to the talent pool/post ad on JOC Job Board
- Receive applications
- Shortlist applications
- Sit on the interview panel
- Notify successful and unsuccessful candidates
Your employment opportunity will be advertised to the talent pool via a JobAlert and students will apply for the role
Managers will receive details for shortlisting and interviewing
Successful student is selected and appointed to the role
*NB: You are welcome to contact the Jobs on Campus Project Officer at any stage of the above process.
The Talent Pool
Upon making it to the JOC talent pool, students are given exclusive access to casual jobs across campus by receiving job alerts direct to their UOW account. They are then given the opportunity to apply for jobs by using the skills they learned and developed in each of the workshops and activities they participated in, namely:
- Resume Writing 101
- From Interview to Offer
- The How to Guide on Selection Criteria
- Campus Ready
- Fast turnaround
- Easy and hassle free recruitment and selection process
- Access to a talent pool of students who are committed, engaged and ‘campus ready’
- Skills matching service to tailor your search
- The JOC team can shortlist and interview candidates on your behalf – therefore saving you time
The type of positions on offer
You are welcome to advertise positions that vary in length from a couple of days, weeks to many months. Some examples of the type of roles that have been advertised through JOC include:
- Administrative Assistants
- Project Assistants
- Membership Consultants
- Client Service Representatives
- Annual Appeal Student Callers
- Research Project Assistants
- Student Relations Coordinators
- Hospitability and catering staff
- In2Uni Mentors
Why you’ve made the right choice
Employing students on campus contributes to their graduate employability and development of graduate attributes. It also contributes to student retention and success, enhanced student engagement experience and overall satisfaction.
JOC is a sustainable service delivery that helps to build people capability aligned to UOW’s strategic direction. So, next time you need to fill a casual position, think about employing students from the JOC talent pool.
If you’ve got additional questions please contact:
Rochelle Boys – Project Officer, Jobs on Campus & Work Integrated Learning
E:firstname.lastname@example.org | T: (02) 4221 4273