The City of Wollongong
The City of Wollongong is located just 80km south of Sydney on a spectacular stretch of the southern New South Wales coast.
Wollongong's natural environment includes some of the most pristine beaches in Australia and the escarpment to the west offers a great network of walking trails and dazzling views of the coastline.
Wollongong is the 10th largest city in Australia and is well known for its tourism and steel industries. The city, however, is rapidly changing with education, research and innovation, information technology and telecommunications emerging as the industries of the future.
- Welcome to Wollongong
A guide to the city of Wollongong, including accommodation and things to do
- Visitor Information
Information on tourist attractions, galleries, and events
Culture & Events
- UOW Community Connections
- Conservatorium of Music
- Events in an around Wollongong
- Illawarra Performing Arts Centre (IPAC)
- Science Centre & Planetarium
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Viva La Gong Festival
- Wollongong City Council
- Community Radio: VOX FM
- Healthy Cities Illawarra
- Illawarra Area Health Services
- Newspapers: Illawarra Mercury and Wollongong Advertiser
- Major sporting teams: St George Illawarra Dragons, Illawarra Hawks
- WIN Entertainment Centre
- Wollongong City Library
- Illawarra Business Chamber
- Illawarra Regional Information Service
(Investment opportunities & market research)
- Wollongong City Centre & Crown Street Mall
- Wollongong Central Shopping Centre
The links above are provided for information only, and are not the responsibility of the University of Wollongong or it's employees.
Welcome to UOW
Welcome to the University of Wollongong, an institution ranking among the top 2% of universities in the world, with an enviable record in teaching and research. More »
The University of Wollongong is a global leader in discovery and learning, working to transform people and the world we live in. More »