OUR VISION 2013-2018
we live in.
UOW is a powerhouse of learning and teaching excellence and we assert our standing as a significant research-intensive university.
- We aim for a position in the top 1% of world universities.
- We aim to offer an empowering learning experience, informed by research and our external context.
- We aim to enrich all our regional communities through a strong and connected presence.
- We aspire to make UOW a destination university and Wollongong a university city.
The commitments under our 2013-18 goals endorse and promote the University's core values of:
- Excellence through initiative, enterprise and achievements that take society forward
- Intellectual openness and freedom of opinion
- Mutual respect and collegiality
- Diversity of cultures, ideas and peoples
- Indigenous perspectives and reconciliation
- Foresight, quality and accountability as an institution
- Community partnerships and mutual development
- Equity and social justice
We aim to develop graduates who are intellectually fearless, socially connected leaders in their chosen fields and vocations. They will be exceptional people.
- Our graduates are creative and critical thinkers.
- They are able to challenge and cross boundaries.
- They are passionate, engaged and highly employable.
- They carry UOW’s values into their workplaces and communities as responsible, tolerant and collaborative contributors.
- Our graduates are proud of their University and value their lifelong connection.
RESEARCH & IMPACT
Build an outstanding research community that values emerging researchers and supports research-active staff to achieve the highest quality results and disseminate their benefits to user communities.
LEARNING & THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
Deliver student-centred, challenging programs to the highest standards in a technology-rich learning environment that attracts high quality students and develops all students for their graduate roles in society and the global workplace.
Integrate teaching, research, and community and business linkages at global and regional level to enhance our research base and our contribution to student and community development.
STAFF & CULTURE
Foster a culture of continuous improvement by rewarding initiative, creativity and performance in an environment which develops staff and encourages the highest quality standards.
SUSTAINING A VIBRANT UNIVERSITY
|Ensure our capacity to deliver our mission by continuing to transform and modernise systems, business processes and the built environment.|
CHANGE & TRANSFORMATION
|Drive the standing and global recognition of UOW and its qualities through selective investments in strategic initiatives and by engaging with key supporters to deliver our long-term vision.|
The Strategic Plan outlines the University’s goals, objectives and key strategies. The Management Plans under each goal monitor operational performance.
Find out more about:
Awards & Rankings
- Rank in the Top 2% of universities in the world.
- Globally ranked as one of Australia's best modern universities
- 5 Star Rating
- Top 100 in the world for global graduates
UOW at a Glance
- 30,516 students enrolled
- 11,440 international students
- 1,942 full time staff
- 9 campuses
- 19 research strengths
- 470 degrees