Studying at this University means that students will develop the distinctive qualities of a University of Wollongong graduate. These qualities will develop as a result of interacting with teachers, other students, course resources, the community and their professional experiences. Developing these qualities enables graduates to take on their role in society and to become a valued professional.
It is important that students have the opportunity to develop the University of Wollongong Graduate Qualities so that they can become informed and responsible and to be an independent learner, problem solver and effective communicator.
The following pages outline each of the five graduate qualities and provide you with links to information and resources that will assist you consider ways you can support student development of the graduate qualities through the learning activities you coordinate, the assessment tasks you design and the professional experiences you facilitate.
Each Quality has its own page – see links below or in left-hand menu
- Informed Have a sound knowledge of an area of study...
- Independent Learner Engage with new ideas and ways of thinking...
- Problem Solver Take on challenges and opportunities...
- Effective Communicator Articulate ideas and convey them effectively...
- Responsible Understand how decisions can affect others...
Information on the development and implementation of the University of Wollongong Graduate Qualities can be found in the Graduate Qualities Policy
The units of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) support subject and program coordinators seeking to integrate the development of Graduate Qualities into curriculum by collaborating on learning design, academic development, student support, research and information services, peer assisted learning and learning development.
Faculty Resources on Graduate Qualities
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences
- Faculty of Law, Humanities and The Arts
- Science, Medicine and Health
- Faculty of Social Sciences