- Have a safety plan, plan your day, look at your transport needs, ensure that someone will know when you are overdue travelling home.
- Keep alert for the unexpected.
- Keep your mind on what is happening around you.
- Don't take unnecessary chances.
- Walk confidently.
- Know where you are going.
- Walk in groups of two or more after dark.
- Stay in well lit areas and keep to well constructed paths.
- Carry a personal alarm or be prepared to scream and shout if attacked.
Last reviewed: 3 June, 2013