Big Fat Smile Scholarship
Big Fat Smile is irreverent and a little bit cheeky; just like children and the young-at-heart. It's a magical place where we model our aspirations for a braver, brighter more creative world.
Community-owned and not-for-profit, Big Fat Smile has served children and families with distinction since 1981.
Big Fat Smile offers Community preschools, playgroups and play centres for children up to five years of age. They also offer creative workshops and skoolzout - recreation clubs - for children of school age. They have a fantastic studio and outreach programs in the arts for children of all ages.
Big Fat Smile has been generous supporter of the UOW scholarship program for several years and is continuing that support through offering a community scholarship to final year students studying in a Bachelor of Education - The Early Years.
|Duration:||One (1) Year|
|Level of Enrolment:||Final Year in 2016|
|Number of Scholarships:||One (1)|
|Year of Scholarship:||Autumn 2016|
|Target Group:||Current Students|
- Successful applicant must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong.
- Applicants must be enrolled in their final year (2016) of Bachelor of Education (The Early Years) at the University of Wollongong.
- Successful applicants must have achieved and maintained a credit average (Weighted Average Mark 65+)
- Applicants must have a demonstrated understanding of Big Fat Smiles vision and purpose.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- A completed Current Student Application Form
- A brief cover letter, resume and outline of community involvement
- A photocopy of your academic records
- A one page brief on how the scholarship will assist you in your studies to achieve early childhood leadership ambitions; including their understanding of Big Fat Smile's vision and purpose.
- A one page outline of how the scholarship will assist you in your career ambitions.
- Please submit your application package single sided and unstapled.
For information about the University’s Privacy Act please visit http://www.uow.edu.au/about/privacy
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 18 April 2016