Sutherland Shire Environment Centre Community Scholarship
The Sutherland Shire Environment Centre will be offering support to Honours students who are committed to environmental issues impacting the Sutherland Shire. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide recognition and reward to any student in the Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science disciplines, working on a specific project or thesis that will examine, enhance or improve the environmental sustainability of the region.
|Duration:||One (1) Year|
|Level of Enrolment:||Bachelor of Science Honours, Bachelor of Environmental Science, Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering)|
|Number of Scholarships:||One (1)|
|Year of Scholarship:||Autumn Session 2016|
|Target Group:||Current Students|
- Successful applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree at the University of Wollongong.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an Honours program in 2016 including Bachelor of Science Honours, Bachelor of Environmental Science, Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering).
- Successful applicants must have met the requirements for entry into Honours for their degree program.
- Applicants must demonstrate how their studies could contribute to environmental sustainability in the Sutherland Shire and surrounding area by submitting a 500 word essay.
- Applicants are encouraged to become a member of the Sutherland Shire Environment Centre and address the Board regarding their experience as a scholar and regional environment champion.
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Sutherland Shire Environment Centre (SSEC) may publish on its website an abstract of the scholarship recipients completed Thesis, subject to: (A) SSEC obtaining the prior written consent of the individual scholarship recipient; (B) Subject to the terms of any IP agreement between the scholarship recipient and UOW (which SSEC must assist the scholarship recipient to comply with).
- A completed Current Student Application Form
- A brief cover letter, resume and outline of community involvement
- A photocopy of your academic records
- A one page outline of how the scholarship will assist you in your career ambitions.
- A 500 word essay demonstrating how their studies could contribute to environmental sustainability in the Sutherland Shire and surrounding area.
- Please submit your application package single sided and unstapled, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about the University’s Privacy Act please visit http://www.uow.edu.au/about/privacy