The University of Wollongong is truly an international institution, with links to leading educational institutions around the world. The University has formal agreements with more than 150 overseas institutions in the areas of research collaboration, student and staff exchange, study abroad and off-shore program delivery.
The University has formed key alliances with a number of international corporations and organisations. These include:
- An agreement with Chinese Scholarship Council and the Vietnam International Education Development office to offer shared-cost scholarships for students from both countries.
- Cooperation between the Geological Survey Organisation of Indonesia and the GeoQuEST Research Strength.
- Members of the Institute for Social Transformation Research participating in numerous international networks dedicated to understanding the causes and implications of social change and cultural transformation. Current collaborative projects engage with research centres in Japan, Sweden, Malaysia, the UK and elsewhere.
- Research partnerships between CAPSTRANS and a range of research groups in the Asia Pacific.
- The Intelligent Polymer Research Institute (IPRI) has developed global linkages with research institutions in the USA, Japan, Korea, China, Ireland, France, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom working on multifunctional, stimuli-responsive materials for various applications.
- The Smart Foods and Public Health Centre is collaborating with research groups in Finland, Sweden, USA, and Spain.
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the United Arab Emirates' (UAE) oldest and most prestigious universities, with a proud Australian heritage. UOWD was established in 1993, first as a language centre, and then as a college of the University, before being fully incorporated as an independent university in 2004. UOWD is located in Knowledge Village, an educational precinct a short distance from the heart of the Dubai city.
As an independent UAE institution of higher education, UOWD attracts students from around the world. Approximately 4,000 students, comprising more than 100 nationalities, enjoy the quality academic experience that is UOW Dubai.
OFF-SHORE COURSE DELIVERY
Around 1000 students are currently undertaking UOW courses in Malaysia under a partnership with leading South-East Asian education provider INTI International University and Colleges. UOW offers a Masters degree in International Business and Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computing Science, Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Media and Communications degrees at INTI’s campuses in Kuala Lumpur and on the island of Penang.
UOW also has long-standing partnerships with two of Singapore’s leading private colleges, the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) and the PSB Academy, to deliver internationally recognised academic programs in business, information technology and psychology. UOW also delivers a Master of Education degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) at Thailand’s Assumption University in Bangkok.
STUDY ABROAD & EXCHANGE
The University attracts international students from a broad range of countries, representing more than 30 percent of the total student population.
The University's Study Abroad Program is designed for students who wish to spend one or two semesters in a program of study at UOW and transfer the credit to their home institution.
The University also operates an International Exchange Program to allow UOW students to enrich their educational experience with overseas study. The Program has established formal exchange agreements with more than 140 universities across the globe. UOW is also a member of the Australian-European Network (AEN), linking the University with 31 universities across Europe.
UOW graduates belong to a community of over 115,000 Alumni spread across more than 140 countries globally. The University encourages graduates to stay in touch through the UOW Alumni Facebook and UOW Alumni LinkedIn Groups, and networking events held around the world including China, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, the USA, UK, and UAE. Graduates are encouraged to join a lifelong network connected to the University and their classmates, no matter where their career takes them. UOW also provides alumni with opportunities to give back and help shape the future of UOW, including inspiring and mentoring current students, supporting student scholarships and research priorities and opening doors to industry partnerships.
Welcome to UOW
Welcome to the University of Wollongong, an institution ranking among the top 2% of universities in the world, with an enviable record in teaching and research. More »
The UOW Vision
To be a leader in ideas and solutions, a community of campuses and partners where discovery, learning and technology connect to transform people and the world we live in. More »
UOW at a Glance
- 31,464 students enrolled
- 12,811 international students
- 125,970 alumni
- 9 campuses
- 471 degrees