Environment Management Plan (EMP)
The UOW Environmental Management Plan 2010-2013 was approved by the University Council on the 3rd December 2010. This plan outlines the Universities environmental commitments and identifies goals, priorities and strategies to be implemented for the three year period of the plan. A copy of the plan can be downloaded below:
Origins, consultation and approval process
Below is an overview and timeline for the development, consultation and approval process conducted for the Environmental Management Plan 2010-2013.
- January 2009 - Environmental & Sustainability Initiatives Unit established.
- June 2009 - The Environmental Advisory Committee begins. Later in 2009 ESI & EAC look at an outline for the plan and manage consultation.
- May - June 2010 - UOW Staff and Students Consultation. The consultation for this plan included a survey participated by 546 repondents, 77 staff who attended one of 9 focus groups and 118 who participated in briefing sessions. We also obtained information from 609 people who passed on their comments on to our King & Queen of Green while out and about on campus and 20 people who called us or sent a direct e-mail regarding the EMP and their feedback to us.
- June 16 2010 - Environmental Advisory Committee Approves EMP.
- August 18 2010 - Academic Senate Standing - EMP submitted for Agenda.
- September 8 2010 Academic Senate - EMP submitted for Agenda.
- October 15 2010 - UOW Council - EMP submitted for Agenda.
- December 3 2010- UOW Council Approves EMP