WHO ARE WE SUPPORTING 2013 - 2016
UOW Cares allows you to choose which charity you would like to support. The number of charities was limited so that staff donations will have a meaningful impact.
The charities cover a broad range of community and humanitarian needs which align with UOW's Community Investment Priority Areas:
As a participant in this program your selected charities will provide information on how your donations are being used and the impact they are having in the community.
The amount you give is entirely up to you and you can donate to more than one charity from the list and change at any time!
Education, Access and Equity
- The Smith Family (Learning for Life program)
- Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) South Coast School (provides services programs for children with autism and their families)
- AIME - Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (mentoring Australian Indigenous to aim for success)
Community, Health and Wellbeing
- UOW Learning and Development Fund (Vital Student Student)
- Headspace - Wollongong (providing mental health services to the community)
- The Fred Hollows Foundation (ending avoidable blindness)
Cultural, Social & Environmental
- indigo foundation (Community development)
- SCARF (Strategic Community Assistance to Refugee Families)
- Landcare - Illawarra (community groups who care for a broad range of environmental activities)