Awards and Rankings
We are, and always have been, about academic excellence.
At UOW, we’re proud to be among the best modern universities in the world (and equal first in Australia). Throughout our 60-year history, we’ve built an international reputation for world-class research and exceptional teaching quality. In fact, 2012 was the fifth year in a row that employers ranked our graduates as some of the most career-ready in the world.
We’re in the top 2 per cent of universities world-wide and we’re aiming higher everyday.
Top 2% of universities in the world
- 264th in the world – QS World University Rankings 2012/2013
- 305th in the world – Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012/2013
- 346th in the world – Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2012
Globally ranked as one of Australia’s best modern universities
- 33rd in the world – Times Higher Education Top 100 Under 50 Rankings 2012
- Equal 1st in Australia – Times Higher Education Top 100 Under 50 Rankings 2012
- 24th in the world – QS Top 50 Under 50 Rankings 2013
Globally rated a five-star university
- 5 Star rating – QS World University Rankings 2012/2013
- 1st in Australia for Educational Experience and Graduate Outcomes – Australian Good Universities Guide 2013
Top 100 in the world for global graduates
- 5th year in a row that employers have ranked our graduates in the top 100 universities in the world – QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers Survey 2012
Top tier rankings in every discipline
- Top tier rankings in every discipline category – Australian Government's Learning and Teaching Performance Fund 2008
Awards & Rankings
- Rank in the Top 2% of universities in the world.
- Globally ranked as one of Australia's best modern universities
- 5 Star Rating
- Top 100 in the world for global graduates
UOW at a Glance
- 30,516 students enrolled
- 11,440 international students
- 1,942 full time staff
- 9 campuses
- 19 research strengths
- 470 degrees